Simply the Best!
January 23, 2006
The Commissar is throwin' a "24" Party Tonight!
January 14, 2006
My name is David...
And I am a Malladict.
I spent the afternoon at the Mall with Apollonia and the wife and I tell you I would be in trouble if I were a single man. The women of Costa Rica are just too damned sexy. Old, young or in between, they are just sexy.
I have come to the conclussion, and when my buddy Boyd comes down we will perform a more scientific analysis. You probably think that girls like this one,
Are only seen on the pages of Tia Zelmira.... Ah, but not true. A trip to any Mall on the weekend will show you that Costa Rica is populated by women such as this. My own theory is that is is the healthy diet, weather and choice of clothing.... But I will wait until Boyd arrives, hopefully with a digital camera and proper scientific instruments to make a proper analysis. Hehe..
January 07, 2006
Because I am bored Meme....
I cant get up for much serious blogging, so I have been on a meme hunt, this one I got from Cobb.
1. What time did you get up this morning?
2. Diamonds or pearls?
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
4. What is your favorite TV show?
5. What did you have for breakfast?
6. What is your middle name?
7. What is your favorite food?
8. What is your favorite chip flavor?
9. What is your favorite CD at the moment?
10. What kind of car do you drive?
11. Favorite sandwich?
12. What characteristic do you despise?
13. Favorite item of clothing?
14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation?
15. Favorite brand of clothing?
16. Where would you retire to?
17. Favorite time of the day?
18. What was your most memorable birthday?
19. Where were you born?
21. Who won't send this back to you?
22. Person you expect to send it back first?
23. What fabric softner do you use?
24. Coke or Pepsi?
25. Morning person or a night owl?
26. What size shoe do you wear?
27. Do you have any pets?
28. Any new and exciting news you want to share with family and friends?
29. What did you want to be when you were little?
30. Favorite Drink?
31. Favorite dessert?
32. Favorite color?
33. Favorite hobby?
December 27, 2005
I cant believe how good this movie was. Tonight I caught Boogie Nights on Cable.
Awesome picture, great music... Man does it bring back some memories for a kid who grew up in the 70's.
I grew up in Los Angeles during the so called Golden Age of Porno, when porn had story lines, and some of the locales were actually recognizable to those of us who lived in New York, Los Angeles or San Francisco. It was a time when there were actually porn stars who could act, and who were beautiful, and when some films actually recieved critical acclaim. The Devil in Miss Jones, remains in my mind one of the first films to combine a first class psychological drama with incredible sensuality.
Anyway, Boogie Nights captures the mood of that time perfectly. The music, the parties, the style... Yeah, memories....
The Meme of Four continues....
Okay... Beth is beautiful
And you do kind of have a Halle Berry thing going. (wink)
December 26, 2005
I can't resist a good meme
I got this from John Cole:
Four jobs you've had in your life: Newspaper Editor, Sales, Computer Company Executive, President of my own Company.
Four movies you could watch over and over: Blazing Saddles, Animal House, The 39 Steps (Original Version), The Green Berets
Four places you've lived: Los Angeles, Salt Lake City; San Jose, California, San Jose, Costa Rica.
Four TV shows you love to watch: The Sopranos, The Wire, Rome, CNN.
Four places you've been on vacation: Mexico, Japan, England, Germany.
Four websites you visit daily: Check my blogroll.
Four of your favorite foods: Soul Food, Turkey and all the Trimmings, sushi, Brazillian or Argentine Steak House Fare (Basically all you can eat Meat, carved at your table... Yummy).
Four places you'd rather be: Los Angeles/San Diego, San Francisco, Tokyo, London.
Four albums you can't live without: The Eagles Greatest Hits, Prince's Greatest Hits, Born in the USA, other than those, I don't really have a favorite album.
(Updated after visiting the Commissar)
Note: I linked to Christmas post from each of my tagees, go read them!
No more Pansy Football!
In a gritty new video game about a fictional football league, players cripple their opponents, gamble and use performance-enhancing supplements.
I want a copy! Late Christmas present anyone?
November 30, 2005
Hehe... Don't be so sure Dean!
I saw the movie too, and there was more truth to it than you imagine. Well, other than the incredible treasure crap.
From someone who would know...
Just found this at Boyd's place.
Here's the question: If you could have dinner with any three people you want, who would they be and what would you have for dinner? One deceased guest (presumably brought back to life for your meal) is allowed.
My mother, who is dead, and her namesake Elsie, and my wife. I would cook fried fish and shrimps, becuase they were my mother's favorites, along with having my wife prepare some Costa Rican dishes. I wish I could invite all the kids, because I know my Mom would enjoy meeting her grandkids. Especially Elsie and Apollonia.
She would get a big kick out of the fact that I named my first daughter after her, and a bigger kick out of how smart my girls are. She would also love trying to communicate with Maribell. I am sure they would do fine.
Who would you invite, and why?
Blogsphere Deck of Cards
November 18, 2005
Beauties of Guatemala
Hmmm.... Yep there sure are some beautiful women in Guatemala. I met this lovely young lady, Michelle, last night at a local eatery.
She was incredibly sweet and offered to explain the menu to me. I understood it, but figured what the hell, I can always learn something new!
September 27, 2005
Okay, Jay Buddy, here is one for you!
This is a quiz for people who know everything! These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers. Get ready smarties...
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?
4. Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?
5. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
6. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?
7. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw" and they are all common words. Can you name two of them?
8. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?
9. Where are the lakes that are referred to in the Los Angeles Lakers?
10. There are 7 ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls
(a walk) is one way. Name the other 6.
11. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.
12. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S."
Read on for the Answers
Answers To Quiz:
2. North American landmark constantly moving backward . . . Niagara Falls. (The rim is worn down about two and a half feet each year because of the millions of gallons of water that rush over it every minute.)
3. Only two vegetables that can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons . . . asparagus and rhubarb.
4. The only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball......baseball.
5. The fruit with its seeds on the outside . . . strawberry
6. How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle? It grew inside the bottle. (The bottles are placed over pear buds when they are small, and are wired in place on the tree. The bottle is left in place for the entire growing season. When the pears are ripe, they are snipped off at the stems.)
7. Three English words beginning with dw . . . dwarf, dwell and dwindle
8. Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar . . . period, comma, colon, semicolon, dash, hyphen, apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point, quotation marks, brackets, parenthesis, braces, and ellipses
9. The original lakes referred to in Lakers . . . in Minnesota. (The team was originally known as the Minneapolis Lakers, and kept the name when they moved west.)
10. Seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit . . . taking a base on balls (a walk) . . . batter hit by a pitch, passed ball, catcher interference, catcher drops third strike, fielder's choice, and being designated as a pinch-runner
11. The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh . . . lettuce
12. Six or more things you can wear on your feet beginning with "s" . . . shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis, skates, snowshoes, stockings, stilts
July 31, 2005
I just saw this cheezy, predictable movie called Biker Boyz.
I have always liked bikes, and the movie had some great racing and stunt scenes, but by God the best thing in this movie was this young woman. All I can say is lordy, lordy!
July 24, 2005
A couple of tips about Costa Rica!
You definitely don't want to come to Costa Rica if:
July 23, 2005
One of the things I love about living in Costa Rica, is th great selection of obscure movies they show on cable here. Last night at like one in the morning, they show this flick, Thursday. For those of you who like Tarantino movies like Reservoir Dogs or Pulp Fiction, this movie will be right up your alley. Lots of violence, humor and Paulina Porizkova! You can't ask for much more than that. There is a scene where she rapes the male protagonist of the movie at gunpoint. It is so over the top it had me blushing. This woman gives the term, sex appeal, an entire new meaning.
I got a copy of The Punisher, the other night. The Punisher is another great Action Movie. I was struck by how much Jane looks like Lambert.
The great thing about Thursday is the ensemble cast. Hell, Mickey Rourke even makes an appearance. Speaking of Mickey, another wild movie I saw recently on the same cable channel was, Spun, this wild druggie movie staring Rourke as an Amphetamine cooker. I think you almost need to be on drugs to watch that one. It is like a car wreck that you just cant stop rubbernecking on. Hehe..
Rourke used to be one of my favorite actors, going back to, Year of the Dragon. Based on his IMDB record, he seems to have consistently worked, but the guy has never reached the potential you would have thought he had based on Year of the Dragon, and 9 1/2 weeks.
Anyway, I am still swamped with work, and I appreciate Michael and Beck putting up a couple of posts for me while I am busy. But I just had to share this with you. If anyone has seen Thursday, drop a comment on me and let me know what you think.
June 30, 2005
I have not done one of these memes in a while. Thought it might be fun. Stuff about me you probably don't know, and most likely don't care! LOL!
1. I once dated a reasonably successful Broadway and Hollywood Actress.
Now lets have a little fun. I am going to toss this meme to three people. Answer on your blog, trackback and name three others. My choices:
Finaly Got a Chance to See "Kill Bill Vol. 1"
This girl is mad cute, except for the nose.
What did I think of the movie?
June 29, 2005
Eh Don't Interupt me Mon-Fri 8:00pm-9:00pm
I will be watching that compelling Mexican Drama Pasion de Gavilanes.
I ahem... Really have no idea why I enjoy the series so much....
June 28, 2005
I was in a bar the other night hanging out with some friends when I heard a song I had not heard for a few years. It was made by a European Duo called Amistades Peligrosas.
I remember the first time I ever hear them was when I lived in Costa Rica about 12 years ago. When I found their disc in a music store I was struck by what an incredibly sexy couple they made.
Their music is in Spanish, but it is the kind of stuff that even if you dont speak or understand the language, you will love the sensuality of it. If you can find an MP3 of Me Quedare Solo, give it a listen. Their sound often reminds me of Enigma.
You can hear samples of a couple of their tracks here.
May 31, 2005
Does an idiot have your email address?
Then bookmark this,(Wait for it to load), and send it to them the next time they send you one of those STUPID emails... You know the ones I am talking about.
May 18, 2005
1. Copy this whole list into your journal.
01. I miss somebody right now.
17. I have a hobby. I just go to school for it.
May 17, 2005
I am still in Monteverde. We are waiting to complete some final installation issues here and train the staff, and then it is back home for me. It has been raining cats and dogs for days now, usually in the afternoon, and we have been occupied killing bugs and tweaking the system.
If you ever get to Costa Rica, you have to stay at this place, it is super cool.
There were a group of English Students staying here for the last week or so. They have been planning to leave for the last week, and finaly did this morning, after three abortive attempts.
The place is just killer fun all arround. Last week there was a group of students in from Ohio...
This lovely young lady is studying hospitality management, and was the life of the party. The interesting thing about the hotel is always full of people partying, chilling and having a good time.
May 11, 2005
Another NEW Star Wars Movie
Did you know another Star Wars Flick has been released, this one a fan production, and it is GOOD! And this one you can download it For Free...
May 10, 2005
This Just Rocks....
I am not going to post this picture to my blog, cause its, "neked," and Y'all know I may post half neked people to my blog, I don't do the "Full Monty." I am noting this picture because It just makes me feel all happy. I mean it has something special, a kind of energy that just rocks. Check it out, and be sure to come back and comment.
May 08, 2005
The Klingon Link
"And one more thing: who the heck is THIS GUY and why do I get 50 hits a day from this picture. How can you get hits from a picture? . How can you get hits from a picture?"
Jane,I don't have a clue as to who my man is, but damn... He sure has a Klingon Forehead thing going.... Don't cha think?
"The Wire," Returns to HBO Latin America
HBOs "The Wire," returns to HBO-LA tonight.
May 07, 2005
I want to be Howard Stern's Photographer...
Advertise with ISOU